The question kinda lies between if you want a budget DSLR with APS-C sensor or you want to go Full Fledged Professional with a Camera with a Full Frame sensor ? Well if you’re the second type of person, Sony just announced the successor to their A7R II. Yes, the A7R III has been announced & it actually comes packed with a ton of features that may be pretty helpful to both Photographers & Videographers.
In case you’re not aware of Sony’s A7R series, this is actually a series of High-end Mirrorless Cameras From Sony. They generally have pretty good Image quality. Alongside the Video output is also awesome on these Cameras that put many similarly priced Cameras from other OEMs in a tough competition. We hope the A7R III will be no exception. These Cameras are also really compact in size that makes them little bit easy to carry.
SONY A7R III Specification & Feature Highlights
- 43.6 MP Full Frame 35mm Exmor R CMOS Sensor (42.4 MP Effective Pixels, 3:2 Aspect Ratio)
- Support For Sony E-mount Lenses
- 14-bit Uncompressed RAW Image Capture Support
- 10 FPS Continuous Shooting With Either Silent Shooting Or Mechanical Shutter (28 Uncompressed RAW Or 76 Compressed RAW Or JPEG Images)
- Full Auto Focus & Auto Exposure Tracking
- 399 Phase-detection AF Points That Cover Around 68% Of Image Area Along With 425 Contrast AF Points
- 5-axis Optical In-body Image Stabilization
- Upto 4K 30 FPS & 1080P 120 FPS Video Recording Capabilities
- SLog 3 & HDR Recording Support
- AF-A (Automatic AF), AF-S (Single-shot AF), AF-C ( Continuous AF), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), Manual Focus Support
- 1.3 cm (0.5-type) Electronic Viewfinder (color) With An OLED panel
- 7.5cm (3.0-type) TFT LCD Display (Adjustable upto 107 Degrees Up & 41 Degrees Down)
- Built-in Stereo Microphone for reading & Monaural Speaker
- Bluetooth 4.1, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi & NFC Support
- USB Type-C (USB 3.1) Port & 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Input
- 2280 mAh NP-FZ100 Battery
- 126.9mm x 95.6mm x 73.7mm Body With A Weight Of Around 657 Grams (1.45 Pounds)
Getting the power of 10 FPS Continuous Shooting is definitely something that Photographers will appreciate. Also, those 399 Phase-detection points should enable a Super Fast Autofocus. The 5-axis sensor stabilization will also come handy for both photo & video capturing usecases. On the Video side Sony added the SLog 3 & HDR recording capabilities that can come really handy for some users. Specially, who shoot a lot of videos with their Camera.
So, overall the A7R III looks a very decent package and we’re impressed with what Sony has done here. We hope it does not overheat though. Anyway, if they bring it to the Major Markets for a reasonable price, this may be a really good option.