SmartByte is an application tool that automatically recognizes when you’re streaming video and gives that feed most of the available Internet connection. If you want SmartByte, you’ll have to purchase a new Dell system such as the Inspiron 27 7000 or later.
If you own a Dell PC and you’re experiencing slow internet speeds, then the Smartbyte utility may be to blame. While the Smartbyte network service is useful on some Dell PCs, most users prefer removing it.
What is Smart Byte?
It is one of the default applications of the Dell laptop used by most users. Smart Byte is a default application that comes preinstalled in the Dell systems. This application is intended to allow you to achieve the best or maximum internet strength when you stream online videos and movies etc.
- Smart Byte is an app that automatically helps in detecting the network bandwidth.
- It concludes how much bandwidth your system may require.
- It focuses on your video so it can use the less urgent network of your framework.
- At long last, it automatically recognizes interactive videos and real-time recordings.
How to Uninstall Smart Byte on Dell?
Remove Smartbyte Drivers and Services in Services
You can try to disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity in Services. Here is how to do that:
- Type services in the Search box to open it. Then, you need to click the Standard category.
- Then, find Smartbyte Drivers and Services and right-click it to choose Properties.
- Under the General tab, you need to change the Startup Type to Disabled and click the Apply button. Then, you have disabled Smartbyte Drivers and Services successfully.
Remove Smartbyte Drivers and Services in Control Panel
The last method for you to remove Smartbyte Drivers and Services is to remove it in Control Panel. This method is still available in the latest version of Windows 10. You can follow the steps below:
- Type the control panel in the search box, and then select Control Panel from the search results.
- Find and click on Programs and Features to continue.
- Right-click the program that you would like to uninstall and click the Uninstall button.
Remove Smartbyte Drivers and Services in Task Manager
You can also disable Smartbyte Drivers and Services in Task Manager. Follow the steps below:
- Type Task Manager in the Search box to open it.
- Find Smartbyte Drivers and Services and right-click it. Then, click Open file location.
- Then, open the Smartbyte Drivers and Services file and return to the Task Manager window once again.
- Right-click it and click the End Task button. After that, you can delete the Smartbyte folder completely. Then, you have disabled Smartbyte.
How to Disable Smartbyte in Dell Laptops
- Open the task manager on your Dell Windows 11 computer. Shortcut keys for Task Manager are Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Navigate to the Startup tab.
- A list of all stock programs will appear, find the smartByte Utility.
- Select the Utility and then click on the Disable option.
How to Remove/Uninstall Smartbyte from Windows
- Right, Click on the Windows Start button.
- Select App and Features option from the list, it is usually located at the top.
- Locate the utility named Smartbyte from the list.
- Once you find the tool click on it and then click on uninstall.