How to Share Calendar on Outlook
Looking to share your calendar on Microsoft Outlook? That is no issue as we walk you through how you can share your Outlook calendar with other users via a variety of devices and operating systems such as Windows, Android, iOS, and desktop computers.
In a world where companies are resorting to remote and hybrid modes of operations, there is a rise in demand for applications that allow staff to communicate, share updates and resources, and collaborate with one another to have seamless work processes. There are various ways of doing this, and we shall look into as many as we can in this post.
Many workplaces are navigating into remote and hybrid models, and one of the applications still lately used to ensure proper workflow among the staff working from different locations is Microsoft Outlook services which help workers in communications, collaboration, and productivity. Getting coworkers into a meeting at a convenient time can get a bit hairy especially if they are located in different regions running on different time zones and the like. However, sharing your calendar with co-workers can be helpful for coordinating meetings, events, and even beyond that. Additionally, it is far easier to plan events and meetings with the help of Microsoft Outlook than trying to do them via cluttered Slack or text messages. And here, you will learn exactly how to get started and successfully leverage the Microsoft Outlook calendar.
How to share your Outlook calendar on a laptop or desktop computer
Since this is the device you and your coworkers would likely be working on most of the time, it is quite great to learn how to share your Outlook calendar via it. The process is straightforward and can be easily mastered. They are given below.
- Start by launching the Microsoft Outlook web application on your web browser. Then log in to your user account.
- As you are signed in and redirected to your dashboard, click the calendar icon located on the far left pane.
- Sitting at the upper right corner of the screen is the Share button. Click on it.
- On the screen that appears, provide the recipient’s name or email address in the text field.
- You can control how you want the person to use your calendar by setting the permission preferences. For example, you can your coworkers to view your calendar when you are busy, view all details, edit, delegate, and do a lot more. If you choose Can View When I’m Busy, you will only see the blocked sections of time labeled “Busy.”
- Once your preferences are selected, choose Share. In the event that you have a change of mind, click the trash can icon to get rid of this.
That is it. Easy as eating a pizza. The system will an invitation link to whoever you share your calendar with, with the ability to accept or decline the request by clicking Add This Calendar. Afterward, the recipient can then check the calendar content by clicking on View Calendar in the email. On the other hand, you can also see who has shared their calendar with you by clicking on the calendar icon at any time under People’s Calendars on the left side of the screen.
How to share your Outlook calendar on mobile devices
Working on mobile phones ensures that workers are fed with live requests and invitations. Mobile devices are with us at most times, so it is easier to get things such as event and meeting notifications, reminders, and the like via these devices. And the good news is that you can also share your Outlook calendar through the Outlook mobile app that is available for both Android and iPhone devices. Here are the steps outlined by Microsoft’s support blog:
- Launch the Outlook app on your phone.
- Locate the calendar menu in the upper left and tap on it.
- Next, tap the gear icon.
- Now select Add People and choose the recipient you want to add.
- Modify the permission settings by tapping the person you want to share the calendar with.
- Finally, tap the check mark.
You can edit permissions or who you are sharing your calendar with at any time. What is more, you can stop yourself from seeing someone’s calendar they have shared with you by simply unchecking the bubble next to their name under People’s Calendars. You can also click the three-dot menu option icon sitting next to a person’s name, for those that have shared their calendar with you and edit the name of the calendar, colors, and where you want it to be. You also have the ability to remove it entirely.How to Fix Java Virtual Machine Launcher Error
How to share your Outlook Calendar on Windows operating system
The Microsoft Outlook program is found within the Microsoft Office Suite software. So if you have applications such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel installed on your computer, chances are the Microsoft Outlook program is also installed on it as they come together as a pack. So if Microsoft Outlook is installed on your Windows-powered computer, then it is quite easy to share a calendar with other users of this application. Here are the steps involved.
- First things first, launch the Microsoft Outlook program.
- Then, locate the Calendar icon in the lower-left corner of the screen and click on it.
- Now from the menu options, select Share calendar. You will be presented with a list of calendars that can be shared. It is not every calendar you have configured in your Outlook account that will be available.
- Now select the calendar you want to share.
- You will be redirected to the Permissions section of the calendar Properties dialog box. Find the Add button and click on it.
- The dialog box will open and give you access to your contact list from which you can easily select a user to share with, or you can type an email address into the Add box.
- You can select or add as many users as you would like. Click on a contact and then the Add button to add a user from your contacts. This will add the user(s) with the default view permissions.
- You can go ahead and edit the permissions settings as earlier mentioned. In your list of users, you’ll see the permissions options. Here, we see Can view and Can edit. Select each user and then choose your desired level of permissions for each.
- Once you are done, click the OK button to complete the process.
That is all that is required of you. Once you are done, click the Apply button and then the OK button. This will send an email to each user, who can then accept or reject the calendar sharing invite.
How to share your Outlook calendar directly from the website
Apart from using the standalone Microsoft Outlook application on your Windows, Android, or iOS devices, you can also use the Outlook website to share your Outlook calendar. This means even when you do not have access to your computer or Android and iOS devices, you can still share your calendar with other users via other devices such as smart TV, smart watch, or whatever device allows you to access the internet. Here is how to do that.
- Get started by launching your web browser and going to the Outlook web application via Outlook.live.com. Then sign in to your account if you have not already signed in.
- Select the Calendar icon on the left side of the screen.
- From the list, choose the calendar you wish to share and right-click on it. If it can be shared, you will see a Sharing and permissions option beside it. Go ahead and select it.
- In the dialog that pops up, type the email address of the recipient you want to share the calendar with into the input box. As you start typing, options might populate that you can select. Either complete the email address or select a user from the populated list.
- Once you have added the user, you will have the option to set permissions. Ideally, the options are “Can view all details” or “Can edit”. Select accordingly, and then click Share.
The user will populate and then in the event that you want to add another user, you can. Continue adding users until you have added everyone you want to.
That is it. We hope by now you know how you can leverage Microsoft Outlook to share your schedules and event calendar with coworkers to better plan meetings and events. Have you used Microsoft Outlook calendar features before? Let us know your experience using it by leaving a comment below.